Wednesday, June 4, 2008

I miss Luna bars most of all. sniff sniff.

Just kidding. Kind of. I mean, it's only been 4 days, but I probably would have eaten 2 or 3 Luna bars by now.

I hopped on the Clif website to see what the story is with the material they use to make Luna wrappers. Just to make SURE it's plastic. And I learned that Clif has partnered with this company called TerraCycle (www.terracycle.net) that is collecting wrappers... not only from Lunas, but also from Chips Ahoy, Stonyfield yogurt containers, wine corks and soda bottles. They then donate money to charity and turn the materials into stylish bags and/or worm poop.

Seems like a lot of effort to convert the wrappers from products we don't really need, right? Plus, you have to be a 501(c)3 charity to collect the wrappers. So I emailed to see if there are charities collecting wrappers in New York. But in the meantime, I'm fine with forgoing my Lunas!

In other plastic news... more plastic retroactively snuck into my life! There was a second box of crackers that I brought home from Becca's on Sunday. Inside that box is a BAG made of plastic. And inside that bag are delicious crunchy goodness. Constant vigilance!

No comments: