Friday, September 5, 2008

Small victories + small questions=small changes

Today I drank punch from my travel tea mug at a welcome reception because the alternative was a plastic cup.  I was thirsty and wanted punch.  I think people noticed, but no one said anything.  I walked away happy, thirst quenched and victorious over the plastic cup menace.
I was taken out to lunch with my new internship cohort by our supervisors and the place we went to served everything on plastic.  I asked at the counter if they had nonplastic, what I like to call "dish washer" plates, but they didn't.  I took as little plastic as possible--a plate and bowl.  I was happy I at least asked and will bring my own plate if we go out there again.
Every new day brings another chance to make small changes.

No comments: