Sunday, September 14, 2008

i got the blues. i got the plastic blues.

Yesterday I went to the supermarket, and I was ill-prepared!
I had my big bag, and one plastic bag to re-use, but that wasn't enough. Shame on me.
Met Supermarket has a guy to bag your groceries for you.
It was like he was on a mission to use as many plastic bags as possible!
He was double-bagging, mint that was already wrapped in plastic was put in it's own double-bag, plastic was flying EVERYWHERE.
So I stepped in, and we loaded up my big bag (I had 8 loose limes, 2 lemons, 3 avocados and an onion rolling around in my bag, that was pretty funny.)
Then I told him I didn't need any double bags, and I provided my extra plastic bag.

Number of plastic bags we would have used if the Met guy had his way: 8+
Number of plastic bags I took from Met: 1

plastic is forever

No comments: