Tuesday, October 28, 2008

speaking of green products...

In a long-awaited move that will revolutionize my ability to partake in takeout and bbqs without eating with my hands..

I bought bamboo utensils! Just 2 seconds ago!

Look at how cute they are.


do you want to know all about them? i thought you would!

To-Go Ware® - Reusable Bamboo Utensil Set with Recycled Carrycase

  • Made from sustainably-harvested bamboo
  • Carrycase made from recycled plastic bags
  • Lightweight, strong and long-lasting
  • Heat- and stain-resistant
  • Safe to use on non-stick surfaces
  • Won't impart or absorb flavors
  • Hand finished with natural, food-safe wood oil
  • Includes utensils, chopsticks & carrycase

    "...absolutely perfect for cutting down on takeout waste"
    Vegetarian Times


    The newsprint style actually contains recycled newspaper!

    Cool Facts

    Bamboo is an organic, beautiful & earth friendly material known for
    its fast growth cycle and natural strength. Highly adaptable, bamboo
    can grow almost anywhere and protects the environment by generating
    more oxygen than other trees. While gaining popularity, bamboo is still
    mostly an untapped renewable natural resource.

  • www.reusablebags.com

    1 comment:

    Fern Toe said...

    I have been thinking about buying these for months! I'm so psyched you did...since I already have my handy dandy on the go metal silverware I thought I should not just purchase something else just because it's so cool-consumer society and all. Now I can live vicariously through you. I'm holding out for Christmas-maybe I'll get these as a gift. If not I'll probably break down and get some soon. I love the carrying case.
    Btw, I love bamboo. Amazing stuff-fast growing and all. I like to think I had something to do with my parents opting to put down bamboo flooring in their new house. I touted the virtues and they were not convinced at first but them bamb! they next thing you know they tell me they decided on bamboo floors. Ahh bamboo...