Monday, October 6, 2008

plastic free alarm clock


I emailed Erin today wailing that I need to buy a new hair dryer and alarm clock.

My hair dryer sounds like it's about to explode and/or set me on fire.

And I use the alarm on my cell phone, but ever since I got a new phone... it's not reliable.
9 times out of 10 the alarm fails to go off. not a good situation!

But then I got to thinking instead of buying another appliance.. maybe there is an alarm clock feature on my macbook.
I did a google and why yes, there are many options!
I downloaded this one:
http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/ipod_itunes/alarmclock.html

I changed the settings so the computer can wake itself up from sleep mode and start playing Party Started by Cat Empire. I'll let you know how it works out!

Thank you plastic diet for saving me money!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"I changed the settings so the computer can wake itself up from sleep mode and start playing Party Started by Cat Empire."

Cat Empire! What an awesome way to wake up!

Regarding that blow dryer: you might be able to fix it. I wrote a while back about learning to fix a broken hair dryer:

http://www.fakeplasticfish.com/2008/01/learning-to-fix-stuff-part-2.html

Beth