Thursday, October 23, 2008

plasticy writing class

Let me start by saying: I love my writing class!

But...

Tonight there were 9 of us in the room.
And on the table we had:

3 plastic Dasani bottles
2 plastic Poland Spring bottles
3 cans of soda
2 plastic bags (one for bread, one for popcorn)
1 zip lock bag
1 chex mix bag
1 yogurt container
1 plastic knife
1 plastic spoon
1 glass snapple bottle

Do you think all of that got recycled? hmm.. no
Do you think ALL of that could have been avoided? you betcha

3 comments:

Fern Toe said...

I have these thoughts every Wednesday when I am in class. It can be discouraging :( But at least you are the bright plastic-free light that shines through the waste :)

Anonymous said...

Hi. Do you guys have your feed turned on for this blog? I have been trying to subscribe through Feedblitz, and it can't find your feed.

Oh, and I feel your pain!

Beth

plasticfreenyc said...

hmmm i have "full" feed turned on.
have you been able to find it?

kerry