Wednesday, December 24, 2008

what to do when someone serves you dessert with a plastic spoon

Our chef at work is amazing and on special occasions she makes us these extravagant desserts.
Yesterday we had Mont Blanc which is this chocolate pudding stuff with whipped cream on top. She came around to each of our desks and dropped off a bowl of it with a plastic spoon. I didn't want to offend her, or refuse the dessert. So what's a plastic dieter to do? I grabbed my plastic spoon and my friend's, snuck into the kitchen while Anita was delivering Mont Blancs in the opposite corner of the office, washed the spoons, put them back and grabbed 2 silver spoons. Success!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds very familiar. I have situations like this at work weekly. Am always quietly substituting the plastic utensil or cup someone hands me with a durable one. OR washing out/off the plastic one and replacing it with the other unused ones. Shhhh. Don't tell.