Monday, March 16, 2009

Reduce toxic plastics in the home

Have you checked out the www.healthychild.org website?
I love it. I also love their book Healthy Child Healthy World: Creating a Cleaner, Greener, and Safer Home.

This nonprofit is committed to a healthier world for us all...and that means less plastic!

They have a new new Health eHome interactive guide that I highly recommend checking out. Many of the tips for the kitchen are about the toxic effects of plastic and why people should reduce their plastic use. Also, they have great 'Pocket Guides' that discuss the dangers of plastic and talk about alternative choices. My favorite pocket guides are: Healthier Teether & Pacifier, Healthy Toys, and Safer Plastics!

The main reason I love this organization is that it is about helping people make changes for the better based on sound information. It is not all doom and gloom, which leaves people overwhelmed and discouraged-they have tips and solutions!

1 comment:

Outgoing A. said...

This week has been spent reading most of your blog ... I really started at the beginning and started taking notes!! We are a family of 5 and I can't stand how much "stuff" we go through and waste (the kids especially, even if they can't help it). The last couple of years I have been trying to reduce as much as possible ... it's so hard ... I do all of our grocery shopping at the farmer's market & whole foods and even with my bags I bring I still end up with sooo much plastic & waste ... thanks for this site with all its ideas & alternatives! We are so busy with the kids its hard to get allot of research done I am soo thankful for this blog (and the other blogs you have led me to!). Thanks for this post as well, you two are really an inspiration!